Be careful what...

"Be careful what you wish for, because you will most certainly get it"

I seem to remember that Margaret Atwood (one of my favourite authors by the way) wrote that in the introduction in one of her books. I can't remember which one, and that's awful. my memory is usually better than this.
Anyway, her point was that if you every bad thing you wish for, will most certainly happen to you. In the most horrid way possible, usually.

So, today I spent 35 euros on clothes. Because a long time ago I wished I was slimmer. And then, last November, me and Micke started eating paleo. And I went from slightly plump and 60 kg, to something else and 56 kg. And now, 70 % of the clothes I own doesn't fit me anymore: they look either too baggy or make me look weird. Nearly anorectically weird. I mean, if you're used to buy clothes of a vertain size, and then suddenly isn't that size anymore... I seriously don't feel like an XS-sized girl (or 34 european size, what I guess is 4 or 6 in UK size?), but that's the size I had to buy today.

So, summer sale is apparently on full scale at the stores. If all the BIG signs around town is any indication. Thanks to that, I got 3 simple summer-dresses, of which one looks a little like a fake vintage dress from the 1950's. Usually I go for somber and natural colors, but like a friend of my said just the other week:

"Why is it only children who get to have colorful clothes?
We grown-ups wear such boring colors, no wonders people feel like they're boring"

Maybe vintage red and white isn't me at all, but at least I'm not the one who'll look booring in a crowd. Perhaps it might promote better self-esteem for me, who knows?

Comments

  1. has someone else said that about children and colorful clothing too? or was it me? :) you know I dress pretty colorful most of the time :) I would feel really depressed if I didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment