It's new, it's fluffy, it's white, it's soft...

... but when you bring it inside, it quickly turns your clothes damp and makes your just dried and straightened hair revert back to it's original curly form. You guessed it, I'm talking about snow.

Today, it's been snowing like crazy. Quite nice for a Wednesday. The Finnish Meteorological Institute (FMI) actually issued a warning about snow squalls yesterday, for both people inland and out at sea. Still, the temperature ain't that low yet (only -7 degrees Celsius), and the wind here in Turku ain't that strong yet either, but I guess it's getting there.

Yesterday, some (idiots!) were still brave enough to head outside without headwear, but today everyone has headwear and scarves on. And I'm glad that I have glasses, beacuse they allow me to walk with my eyes open outside. Getting snow in your eyes stings. Really, it does.

You actually have to admire the suckers that go out WITHOUT mittens/hats/coats to stand 10 min in the wind and smoke their stupid cigarettes. I'm so glad I'm not one of them! *glee*

[video of snow]

Well, other than walking to the library today - I usually sit in the quiet reading room and writes on my computer - I'm gonna have to head out to today's Ravelry-meeting with the Turku-group. I actually (!) fretted yesterday about what I was going to bring with me to knit/crochet today, as I nearly only have WIPs ("work-in-progress" for you un-initiated crafters) that are so bulky and large that it wouldn't be practical to bring them. In desperation, this morning, I finally chose a shawl that's been hibernating in my "To do" basket since July. If I get it done before the 6th of December, I can use it while at the Indepence day-ball.

I've actually been fretting a little about that ball too, because I still don't know what to do with my violet/lilac ball gown. It's so... boring. I was thinking about sewing on some satin-roses, but I'm not sure what colors to use. I've been browsing the finnish arts&crafts webstores though, so I'm not completely clueless as to what's available. I just can't make up my mind.

And this is me -so- not mentioning getting  dancing-shoes for the event either.

Basically, I'm a bit frustrated about it... but nevermind. It's just a ball. Been to at least 10 of those before. Just never with so many that I know - since some people from both Soda Club and Otakt are going.

Comments