Biblophilic and crochetophilic

When I add books to the collections in my Librarything-account, the books pop up on  my Facebook-wall and here on my blog (in the left column). I think it's nifty that I can check which book I borrowed last from the library here on my blog, but I'm not so sure about Facebook.

Or, if I'll be more precise, it's the "box"* I find somewhat lacking. In settings. But I guess they're working hard on it, and Facebook isn't the friendliest platform to build software for.

* or whatever they want to call it, there's too many names for different parts of social network and databases nowadays. Gadgets, widgets, apps, boxes.... give me a break.

On another book-related topic, I finally finally finally! got the book I'd requested from Turku city library. About that book... it's a pattern book, authored by this crochet designer whose designs I really like. Her name is Kristin Omdahl, and if you're on Ravelry you can find her and her designs here. I'd borrowed her book Wrapped in Crochet about a year ago, and I really wanted to read this other book of hers, too.

This is the troublemaker.
So I sent a request for the library to buy it, and they did, and I was first in line to borrow it, and when it finally came it was one week until Christmas... and we had already left Turku to celebrate Christmas in Ostrobothnia with Micke's family. And behind me, in the queue, were 4 other people. So, I had to wait from the 17th of December until TODAY (18th of April) to get the book.

That's four months people. And I had to pay 2 euros.

Never mind the ranting, I'm still glad I got it, because I think the designs are amazing.
Crochet So Fine is a well planned book, and I like that the patterns are both written out and drawn. Kristin's designs are often simple to crochet, but the finished pieces don't look simple. Not at all. She really teaches you that "back to basics" (st, chains, sc, dc...) is sometimes all you need to really create beautiful and stunning designs.

And I now have 9 of the 21 patterns in my Ravelry-queue.

*sigh*

When am I gonna get time to make them all? Never mind the fact that I really don't need more shawls....

Oh, I started on one of the patterns... just to try it out, you see?

Comments