the Goodreads reading challenge of 2017

One of the changes since 2013 is that I've gone over to read books on my phone a whole lot more. I like it, because it is easier for my eyes when I can set the text size however big or small I want. And choose how bright the screen behind it is, or have it be completly black.

With the kids being awake at all odd hours and me havig turned slightly insomniac, I find it calming to not have toss and turn in bed or wake up my husband (yeah, I married Mikael in 2014 :) that's yet another change here). Also, thanks to the "low light zoom"-function on the iPhone, I can read and use the phone at night and not light up the whole room. And it's way more restful on the eyes.

Otherwise, since everything about my data usage on the phone is tracked... what I read on the Kindle app automatically gets added to the Goodreads app. And when I finish a book, that too gets noted.

So, 66 books.

I actually started the year with making my challenge 25 books. And I thought I wouldn't even get that. But I did! So I changed it to 50, and when I broked that I changed it to 65. And I broke that too.

With one.

I'm thinking of putting my reading challenge for this year be 25. And not change that, just to be on the safe side.

So, challenge ended.

Needlees to point out, most of the books have been in just one genre (Paranormal/Fantasy) but I did read that ONE fiction book about family drama and quilting!

"Birds in the air" by Francis O'Roark was a short but sweet read. Nothing too mysterious happened in it, plotwise, and to get something out of it you kinda "have to be" a contemprary quilter. Because otherwise lots and lots of the funnies will just pass you by.

So...out of 66 only 1 book is about something
 other than written in the genre Paranormal Romance,
Urban Fantasy or the like...
And that book is about family drama and quilting.
And that concludes my summary :)

Comments